Follow my blog

Enter your email address and when a new post is posted, you'll get an email to let you know!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Since we're sharing cakes!

Hi followers,

Here's on for you just to make you smile. After sharing the beautiful cake that my twin-brother made for her birthday party, I thought I should show you my cake making skills (or lack of!)

You may recognise that it's my attempt at the one out of the Australian Women's Weekly Children's Cakes Cookbook. In the picture in the book it has yellow icing and colourful smarties, but I wanted something a little different... pink smarties! Thanks to the lolly shop near Coles I was able to by 500g of pink smarties.

The cake is a bit of a strange shape because I wanted it to fit in my Tupperware container so we could take it to the church for our MOPS program. And most of it was eaten, thankfully!

Well, I have a long way to go before I get to the standard of my brother, but what's the point when he can make them for me?

Keep leaving your mark,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment