Follow my blog

Enter your email address and when a new post is posted, you'll get an email to let you know!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Holiday Shopping!

Hi Stampers, Crafters and Blog Followers,

You may not have noticed, but my little family and I have been on an adventure! We bought my husband a caravan for his birthday and had to give it a test run. So we headed to Ballarat for a few nights. A place where we've been before, but only on school camps! Oh and I took my Mum there once to look at fabric! One of the great things about my husband is that he knows how much I love looking at craft and is more than happy to follow me around, he even gives me some spending money! WHAT A MAN!?!

We visited the Botanical Gardens and in there is the most amazing little cottage; Adam Lindsay Gordon Craft Cottage. It operated by the Crafts Council of Ballarat Inc and it is something worth looking in and even splurging and spending a few dollars on locally made crafts! Admission is free and it's open daily 10am til 4pm, September to mid June and weekends, public holidays and school holidays mid June to September. Take the time. I was very impressed and think you all would be too!

I just had to show my man the special fabric shops that Ballarat has to offer. Unfortunately Gail's Patchwork Emporium was temporarily closed due to fire damage. Shame, because I know that he would have loved to look at the building and the gardens there, oh and the fabric!

But my favourite patchwork shop that I've been to has to be Ballarat Patchwork. If I said that there's a lot of Melly & Me and Janelle Wind patterns and the fabrics are more my style... as my husband said "bright and lots of kidish stuff!".

Well, this is what I bought and you'll have to watch this space for what I'm going to do with it... it may take some time, but it will happen!

Well, we're home and I'm ready for bed!

Keep leaving your mark,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment