Follow my blog

Enter your email address and when a new post is posted, you'll get an email to let you know!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Making a special gift...

Hi stampers, crafters, blog followers and those that just stumbled here!

Here's a sneak peak into something that I am making for someone who may be very small takes up a lot of my life! It's her first birthday very soon, and as always, these days tend to creep up on us and then we have nothing to give... can I get it finished in time? I really hope so! She will be too little to use it, but who cares! I think it should be cute, if it looks anything like the pattern!

I've cut all the fabric and pallon. One tip that I learnt ages ago when making a quilt, label! Use post it notes and label the pieces as you cut them. Ok, there's not many pieces here, but there are a few that are very similar in size and the way the stripes go matter in some, and I wouldn't have a clue about the others! I haven't read that much of the pattern and I didn't have enough fabric to cut it the other way!

I'm excited about it, but also a little worried that I may have bitten off a little more than I can chew... only time will tell. You'll have to wait until after her birthday to see the completed product... that is if it gets finished by then!

Keep leaving your mark,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment