Follow my blog

Enter your email address and when a new post is posted, you'll get an email to let you know!

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Nappy Wallet

Hi There Stampers, Crafters and Blog Followers,

Here's something that has been on my, I'd really like to make list for a while and that plastic bag in my handbag was just not really doing it for me. So I jumped on Pinterest and had a little look, but could find really what I was after, but I did find a tutorial from While She Was Sleeping and thought, hey, she won my competition, let's give this tutorial a go... I will admit, I used her measurements, read through her fantastic instructions and then decided what I thought I wanted... and this is what I came up with.


 For those of you that know me, you know that I love to upcycle. Upcycle is simply using something that is no longer required for the original purpose and use it for something else. So, bye bye hubby's jeans and hello nappy wallet! I've tried my best to use the various features from them. Unfortunately, the button is around the wrong way for my liking, but I'd already attacked the waist band with my scissors, so I worked with what I had.


And since I was using denim jeans, I just had to incorporate pockets... it's just something I have to do when upcycling jeans! I also thought that these might come in handy for storing other things, something like a bib (which doesn't get used as often as it used to!) and some of those plastic bags for dirty nappies. It also holds the small wipes container and a couple of nappies. I'll check later to see if the cloth nappy fits too, but it should.  And I've also shown you a close up of the pocket... it's actually a double pocket as I haven't sewn the waistband down either... just another pocket! You never know, it might be needed.

Denim can be a little more difficult to work with and you do need to be careful as it's pretty easy to break a needle, but there were no needle breaks in the making of this item, this time! And I do use a thicker thread too.

So that's what I got up to today. Think my hubby thought it was a bit too practical, he can use it too! It's not too girly! Now the next thing to make is a reusable nappy change mat, and I have the fabrics picked out for that already. That shouldn't take too long, it's just a rectangle, isn't it?

Til next time, keep leaving your mark,
Brooke




2 comments:

  1. Brooke, this is soooo cool!!! Love it how you used the pockets :) And the lining? So wonderfully bright :) Love it Brooke :) Can I share this?

    ReplyDelete