Follow my blog

Enter your email address and when a new post is posted, you'll get an email to let you know!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Baby Quilts...

Hi there Stampers, Crafters and Blog Followers,

Here's a blog post that isn't about Punch Art! And isn't about Stampin Up products!  

But it is about Baby sewing, so it's just as bad? I know, I know, I really need to find something a bit outside my comfort zone to create. I'll get there one day! But for the time being, I thought I'd share this quilt with you. After the sewing class I did late last year making the Christmas Raggy Quilt that I absolutly love, a friend had a baby and I was inspired, but wanted to include the name and needed it to be quick to make... so this is what I designed.

A simple design incorporating the raggyness as a border with a white centre that has free motion quilting... one day I will master that!It's funny when you go in to choose your fabrics, I had an idea, I was thinking blue and a variety of blue... but when I found these fabrics and Nikki from Honeysuckle Patchwork started helping me choose my fabrics, I totally feel in love with them. 
Then there's the front, I'm of the opinion if you're hand making something you might as well personalise it and especially if the child is having a name where there won't be much stuff around with their name on it... yep, I'm one of those mother's too! But it's raggy too. That took ages too. Sometimes these ideas are so simple and easy in the head. 
Here's my free-motion quilting. All I do is let the fabric do the talking. It has been known to cause a few arguments between Janome and me, but we get over it. Sometimes she just wants a little attention or a clean and off we go again.
But I love this one. The raggy border. Don't it just look amazing. I love it! So much so, that when a friend had a little girl, I made the same design with a pink border and guess what! I forgot to take a picture so I can't show you. But it was a really cool border just with pinks. I really liked that one too. It is lucky that I put their child's name on these otherwise I'd be keeping them for myself! 

I have a little look through my photos to see if I can find some other baby blankets I've made. This may help me to finish hand-stitching the one I'm working on at the moment... I think this little girl might have her own child by the time I finally finish... it is coming, I promise.

Keep leaving your mark,
Brooke











No comments:

Post a Comment