Follow my blog

Enter your email address and when a new post is posted, you'll get an email to let you know!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Change Mat

Hi there Stampers, Crafters and Blog Followers,

Well, I have finally taken a picture, actually two of the change mat I whipped up the other morning.

I had some laminated fabric in my stash, this is what I was going to make with it all along, so now it's done! So I've used the Owl laminated fabric on one side and the other was an orange fat quarter, but a bit short, so I found a scrap and turned it into a strip, so now it looks a little more like some thought and talent actually went into it! :P Seriously it was so easy. I cut my fabric, made my orange side with the stripe and then pinned the wrong sides together of the orange and the owls. I curved my edges by tracing around a bowl. Sew around the edges and along the drawn curved edge line, leaving a hole at the bottom. Trim the curved edges and turn in the right way. On the non laminated side, press gently. Top-stitch and it's done! Easy as and not a lot of time either. Now I can easily wipe the mat down or toss it in the wash.

Keep leaving your mark,
Brooke

2 comments:

  1. Ah nice :) Is laminated fabric the fabric with a plastic coating on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I got this from Ballarat Patchwork, as I hadn't seen it anywhere else. I have seen it at Spotlight, BUT it was cheaper at Ballarat Patchwork - and of course a trip to Ballarat is worth it because she has sooooo many beautiful fabrics! She also had a great little jacket made with it in her shop... very cute - you'd love to make something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete