Follow my blog

Enter your email address and when a new post is posted, you'll get an email to let you know!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

What have I been up to?

Hi there Stampers and crafters!


Now that I've given out my gifts I can put them up for the rest of you to see what I've been doing with my time. Recently, in fact last week, a very good friend of mine had a beautiful baby girl. Before her baby was born I had a plan! I knew exactly what I was going to make! For my birthday last year this special friend gave me a Sew Little pattern to make an ABC123 cube. In my typical style, I decided to change it a little so that it's a personalised gift... I wanted to put the baby's name on it. Most names have six letters or less, so I'll just make one cube with the name of their baby on it. I had my fabrics selected. I cut out the fabric and tags for a boy and girls block. Then finally the news arrived, she had a girl and her name... EVANGELINE. Hmmmm... 10 letters... what should I do? Well, I did it. I made 10 blocks, one with each letter of her name. Every second block has cellophane and the others have a bell in them. They have Stampin Up ribbon taggies. 

I had a few baby cards in my collection, but I wanted to make one especially for her. Using my Baby Bundle stamp set. This is what I made. I've used my pastels and blender pen and some DSP. Simple and easy card that I think works well.

I'll post a picture of my boys block for you soon.

Keep leaving your mark,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment