Follow my blog

Enter your email address and when a new post is posted, you'll get an email to let you know!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sorting out...

Hey Stampers,

This is what I've been up to the past few days. Well, it all started when I was crawling around on the floors (the things you do when you have a child!) and I noticed how disgustingly dirty my cupboard doors were... so since it's spring, I can call it spring cleaning. I cleaned them. Gave the splash-back a nice polish, sparkled the stainless steel appliances and tided the pantry (not that it looks like it now!). Then I noticed my cupboard where the cookbooks are kept and in there all you could see were an accumulation of pages torn out from catalogues, magazines, you name it, it would come out to meet you. So I decided that these recipes needed some kind of organising... and this is what I've come up with. A couple of books (that I decorated) with tabs and I've stuck in some recipes and written in the ones that made sense to only me, so now others might be able to make some of the yummy things that come out of my kitchen.
So the plan is that if these get full, I can just make another one or two or however many I need! But it will need to be a little while before I can make anymore. My husband is going to wonder what's been going on when he sees that the labels have been taken off most of the cans. And since we keep everything in containers, I didn't have that many packaged things in my cupboard. Oh and I've done the back too. I'm pretty happy with them, scrappy was the look I was after so I could just stick recipes in or write them down and they didn't have to be perfect! You can't see them very well but I added some tabs down the side. Not sure if they will work, but it should help to keep it kind of organised. Just wasn't sure how many pages to leave between the tabs. One of the books has a plastic bag stuck to the inside back cover with spare tabs, lucky because I found the steak and kidney pie recipe that I made for Dad for his birthday, that one will need a tab all of it's own because there's no way it's going in my red mead favourite section!

If you want one and can't be bothered making your own, pop on over to my facebook page or email me and we can sort out your own personalised one.

Keep leaving your mark,
Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment