Follow my blog

Enter your email address and when a new post is posted, you'll get an email to let you know!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Engagement card

Hi Stampers,Crafters and Blog Followers,

I find it very exciting when friends (and other people that I don't know, friends of friends I suppose) ask me to make a card for them. It's a great feeling - other people like what I do and want to share it wit others! Now that's pretty exciting. The only problem is, when you don't know the person you're making the card for, how can it be really,really personal? My solution to that is choice of colours or perhaps a style that you think they might like. With that in mind, this one was pink. How did I do? I love the doily, but I just wasn't 100% happy with the colour. I may need to play a little more, I sponged it with the same colour paper, but as you can see it is a slightly different pink. The other thing that my photo doesn't capture is the use of Shimmer Paint. If you ever want to get a sparkly, classy look for your project, Shimmer Paint is the go. It's not very expensive for a versatile and amazing finish to your work. 

It was heaps of fun to make and I hope the engaged couple liked it too.

Keep leaving your mark,
Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment