Follow my blog

Enter your email address and when a new post is posted, you'll get an email to let you know!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

And you thought I was in hibernation!

Hey there Stampers, Crafters & Blog Followers,

I know,I know, you hardly heard anything of me over Christmas and now I'm becoming a regular blogger. Well I thought I'd like to share with you a few of the things I did over the Christmas Holidays. I don't usually get a lot done as I love spending time with my family and it's wonderful to have my hubby home, makes up for all those late days! And people think that teachers work from 9 til 3:30, well please tell me where my man is for the rest of the time! :P

As I am a loving wife, and my hubby seems to think that I am creative. I did a few things for his little Preps and Ones. Here are some T-shirts for their Developmental Curriculum. It's a play based learning time where there are students that are in charge of taking notes to report back to the class about what a few students had been doing; REPORTER. There is also another student who takes photos of what the students are doing; PHOTOGRAPHER. It's a really engaging way that students do learn in a very fun way.


 

As you can see, they are very simple t-shirts (thanks to KMart, $3!) and the decorations were just with fabric scraps. The idea was colourful and simple. My husband was rather impressed and thought I could sell them, only problem is that there aren't that many people that I know that would require them!

But I did get a request to help out someone get ready for a Swimming carnival. The photo doesn't show how yellow the T is. But yet another KMart $3 job with scraps. This one was only appliqued on the front as directed by my customer. The things you can do are endless!

This is a skill I'm really glad I learnt how to do. I love doing it, it's kind of like therapy! So relaxing and so rewarding to see the results. I am wanting to do a cute applique quilt for a little girl soon, I don't have a pattern yet, but if you find one you think I'd like with some applique in it PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

Keep leaving your mark,
Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment