Follow my blog

Enter your email address and when a new post is posted, you'll get an email to let you know!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Dress

Hey there Stampers, Crafters and Blog Followers,

As promised, here's the dress I made earlier this week. I totally fell in love with the fabric and it was a had-to-have but no idea what I was going to make. I had an idea but when I found this pattern, I really wanted to make this one. A very simple dress with a zipper at the back. A little more practice for putting in a zipper is required, but a much nicer outcome with a normal dress zip than the invisible zip that I put in a skirt I made myself! 


But what I really loved about this pattern was the Peter Pan Collar. A little fiddly but was way easier than I thought it was going to be!

It is fully lined and when my Lil Dot "decided to get up" she found me in my craft room and wanted to know what I was making. I showed her the lining and she replied with "Oh, that's beautiful Mummy." I think it was going to be an easy task to make her happy! But when it was really finished, much to my surprise, she wanted to try it on straight away (so not like her, she would run around the house naked all day, any time of the year if I let her!). I was a little proud and when showed my hubby he thought that it reminded him of something my friend Jenya from While She Was Sleeping would make. What a compliment; her stuff is beautiful - check it out!

I have a stack of fabric left - now what to do with it? Maybe a Mummy / Daughter matching dress? :P

Keep leaving your mark,
Brooke

2 comments:

  1. The dress is gorgeous Brooke :) I love this style of dresses. They are comfortable and oh so cute! The collar is a gorgeous detail. Lil Dot looked oh so cute in her new mummy-made dress! Thank you to your lovely husband for such a compliment :)

    ReplyDelete